Monday, January 16, 2012

Prophet

Pretty much every evening, I put a movie on for the kids so that I can cook dinner. Today, I asked Ally what she wanted to watch. She immediately said, "Rapunzel!" I started flipping through our DVD binder than heard her say, "No, Mom. I want to listen to President Monson." So, I flipped past Tangled and found our Conference section. She sat down on the floor and intently listened to what our prophet had to say. After a few minutes I asked her if she wanted to watch something else to which she replied, "No. I want to watch Pres. Monson!" And she continued to sit and listen to him for the remainder of his talk. Afterwards, she told me, "Pres. Monson tells us things from Heavenly Father that he hears at the temple!" I'm not sure where she learned that because I don't recall having that conversation with her, but she's pretty correct.
Amos 3:7 reads, "Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." Whether she knows the meaning of what she was saying or not, the prophet is the one with the authority to give us direction as a Church. And he will guide us according to Heavenly Father's will.


No comments: