Monday, April 16, 2012

Prophet

I'm starting to get afraid that every other post I have on here starts with, "I've fallen off the blog bandwagon lately (across all my blogs)." But, as for a post!!

Today was ward conference. The part I heard, being sacrament meeting because I teach second hour, was fabulous! I love our bishop and stake leaders! During second hour they handed out a copy of the For The Strength of Youth booklet for everyone to take home. I wasn't in the meeting, but apparently, they are encouraging us to read the booklet and really try to live by the standards. Well, the booklet was sitting at eye-level of the kids and Daniel noticed it. Immediately, he pointed and said, "Temple!" (there's a picture of the Salt Lake Temple on the front.) It made me smile that he recognizes and is happy about temples.

Later in the evening, Ally had gotten a hold of the booklet and wanted to flip through the pages and talk about the pictures. The first page is a message from the First Presidency without any pictures. She asked me what it was and I told her it was a letter from Pres. Monson. Before bedtime, Ally asked if we could read a book and I told her she could pick any book she wanted. She didn't hesitate at all and answered, "I want to read the letter from Pres. Monson." I love that she has a desire to hear from and a love for our prophet. One thing that I have noticed again and again with our kids is that they are completely happy to see and comfortable around those members of the Church that have been called to serve in full-time positions or are our leaders. It's amazing to me. It must be that the spirit conveys feelings of love to Ally and Daniel. I don't know why else they would love people they only see once a week or have never met (in the case of Pres. Monson) because they are both extremely shy. I'm grateful for our prophet and that Ally loves him.

No comments: