Sunday, November 13, 2011

Child of God, Music

This was also posted on our fam blog, but I thought it qualified for this one as well. Even though it another Jamie post about music.

So, the kids listen to the Children's Songbook CDs when going to sleep at night. Since Wednesday they have been HOOKED on the song I Am a Child of God. Which, of course, I love. But.....it can be a problem if they don't fall asleep quickly and start yelling at us to have it played over and over again. Aren't the other songs on the CD good too kiddos?? Anyways, like I said, HOOKED. A couple of nights ago, Daniel woke up in the middle of the night....again.....and was crying so loudly that he woke Ally up as well. So, I hit the play button on the CD, crawl into Daniel's bed(which would be hilarious if he were in a crib, but he's in a twin bed), and waited for the kids to go back to sleep. Pretty soon, I heard a groggy and half asleep Ally start to sing with the CD. She sang the first 3 songs until she finally crashed.

Every night, if we start the CD before we are just about to shut their door, Ally and Daniel ask for I Am a Child of God to be started over so they can hear all the words. And, then they both sing along.

Tonight, Daniel woke up at about 11:30 and I was expecting to have to climb in his bed again. Instead, he rolled over and said, "Child of God." So, I pressed play and he was back out.

There's no real point other than the fact that I am glad that my kids love songs about Jesus and I just want to remember things like this. I guess in time, maybe now, they will realize what the words of that song are teaching and understand that they are children of God.

No comments: