Sunday, November 27, 2011

Jesus is our friend

Every morning at breakfast, I read an article to the kids from the Friend. It's a good way to make sure we get something in about the gospel before the day starts and they like the stories. A couple of weeks ago we read President Eyring's story about being a faithful friend, specifically to Jesus Christ. Ally seemed to kind of struggle with the concept that being a good example is one way we are Jesus' friend. Well, yesterday, as Ally was doing some of her "imaginative play" with toys, blankets, pillows, etc. I overheard this little conversation: "Jesus, you are my friend. Do you want to help me make a bed for Jessie? We like to be nice to our friends Jesus." It made me smile to see that Ally understands what a friend is at her level. For her, He is someone that will play with you and help others. Jesus did love children and I think Ally knows that.

No comments: