Thursday, December 1, 2011

Prayers

Eric and I were talking at night about how we need to spend one-on-one time with our children and how we feel if we did more of this they would be better behaved. We were yearning for that time to make its way into our crazy lives.
When we went to bed we were praying and I was praying that we could sleep good and hoping for a childless night so that Eric could gain rest and rejuvination for his busy life.
That night at 3something Viana came in and got Eric out of bed for something. I heard her wide awake just talking and talking to Eric as if it was the middle of the day. At the time I thought, "Why couldn't my prayer have been answered to have a great nights sleep??"
Then in the morning as I started to think about it, I realized how before that prayer Eric and I were yearning for more one-on-one time. I then realized how the Lord works in mysterious ways. Eric and Viana had charming 3am conversation and bonding. We asked for two conflicting things, I am glad the Lord still saw fit to give us the better of the two.

No comments: