Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Finding the one

Brooke came and told me that she could not find Strawberry--one of her favorite barbies. I told her I had seen her somewhere and to keep looking. Normally when I send the kids off to look for a toy they find so many other toys, get distracted, and forget about the initial one. I thought this was the case because Brooke was gone for a long time. So much so that I had forgotten she was looking for Strawberry. Some time later she came running to me shouting with much jubilation, "I found Strawberry, I found Strawberry!" This toy was so important to her that she was willing to set all else aside and go and find her.
How easy is it for me to lose focus of what I really want or what is really important? I need to remember to stay persistent and consistent.

No comments: