Sunday, August 28, 2011

Righteous music

Since Viana has become a reader she loves to sing the hymns in church. Today for the opening song we sang hymn 96 "Dearest children, God is near you." The opening lines in the 1st and 2nd verses are, "Dearest children God is near you/watching o'er you day and night/Dearest children, holy angels/watch your actions night and day." As we were nearing the end of the second verse Viana stops singing and says to me, "Even if I think that no one can see me or knows about me someone does because God and his angels always see me." I simply whispered, "That's right," but the power of what she said blew my mind. She was able to pick up on the principles being taught in that song and then apply them to her own life. How often do we breeze through the hymns without taking the time to recognize the teachings within them?

No comments: