Sunday, August 28, 2011

Temple worship/Love for all God's creatures

The owner of this little shoe "gets it" way more than her parents do. Eric and I had planned on going to our ward temple session Saturday morning, but when 6 am rolled around we could not get our bodies out of bed. Once we finally did wake up we tossed around the idea of leaving around 11 or maybe going later in the day. No decisions were made, nor was Viana involved in the conversation. Yet all of a sudden Viana bounces down the hall beaming. She had just gotten dressed and announced, "This will be a great outfit to wear to the temple because it's a skirt and I can play in it." Shortly after that she ran into the bathroom and came back with the hairpiece I had worn at my wedding. "Can I wear this? If I do will I look like a bride at the temple?" I'm not even sure how she caught wind of our potential temple outing, but when I saw her enthusiasm and vigilance for going to the temple I knew we would have to go. How is it so hard sometimes to get to the temple? Viana could think of nothing else at the mere whisper of that possibility. We got there at 6pm, in just enough time for Eric to do initatories and then for me to do the same. While I was in the temple Viana got to take pictures. As we were looking at this spider picture she told me that she had learned that we shouldn't kill God's creatures at the temple because it is a holy place. Even though she killed one spider before this one, she didn't kill this one. And would you believe that these are her own pictures. They are beautiful. I hope Viana can always keep such a straightforward desire to be near the temple and that we can pick-up on that priority as well.


No comments: