Saturday, October 29, 2011

Eternal Families, Joy

I wasn't around my kids for 9 whole days!! That's the longest I've ever been away from them. After I picked them up from the airport and dropped my mom off later that same day, it was amazing to me to see how Ally and Daniel reacted to being home again. They have always been sooooo good about playing with each other or entertaining themselves. They play in the front room or in their bedroom. Well, Friday evening, they both would follow me around the house and set up "imagination play zone" right at my feet, no matter where I was. The kitchen, the foot of the couch, the table, my bedroom. They just wanted to be with me at every step. It made me think about how special it is to have a family in this life and that having a loving home brings great joy. And then it made me think about how happy Heavenly Father must be when we try to be close to him like Ally and Daniel were with me. Or even happier when we are faithful and return to him at the close of mortality. As a mother, having Ally and Daniel have taught me a lot about the feelings that Heavenly Father has for me and each of us.

No comments: