Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Knowledge/Learning

Ally is in a Joy School group and this week it is my turn to teach. It's a 3 hour long school session with 5 3-year olds. Going into it I didn't think there was going to be any way that they would all sit still and pay attention to several 10 minutes discussions about keeping our world clean or learning a few new songs. However, as we sat down and I started teaching them, they all were quiet and attentive! Shock to me! Not only that, but they would raise their hands and give great comments and input. Just sitting with these little kids today made me realize how important it is to "seek after truth" and "thirst for knowledge." And as we gain knowledge we become more like Heavenly Father (Isaiah 46:9-10, Act 15:18, 2 Nephi 9:20). Little children really are the example we need to follow.

No comments: