Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gratitude

Daniel loves to share....except for when it comes to balls. In that case he's just a ball-hog. Today, while Ally was at school, I had Daniel sit down with a snack so I could practice the piano for a few minutes. After 5 or so minutes, Daniel walked up and planted a snack in my mouth. Immediately, I said, "Thank you!" with a big smile. I do this every time to teach him to say thank you when given something. But, today I was truly grateful because I was starving and his snack looked soooo good. When Daniel saw how grateful I was, he started beaming with a big, toothy grin and a high little shriek of delight. As I watched him it occurred to me that Daniel's reaction is probably similar to that of Heavenly Father's when we show him true gratitude. Doctrine and Covenants 78:19 states, "...he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious..." When we are thankful we are further blessed. Why wouldn't we be thankful for all that God has given us? It makes him so happy that he wants to bless us more! I hope I can always show God such enthusiastic gratitude.

1 comment:

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Jame, I love how you're including scriptures in your thoughts! I'm gonna try that when I can!