Monday, September 5, 2011

Individual Worth

During our bedtime routine all the kids brush their teeth together and then Ram gets pulled away early for his bed while the girls finish up their bathroom business. Every night we tell Ram to say good night to his sisters and tell his sisters to day good night to him. Lately he has been very insistent on giving everyone individual hugs or kisses or waves. Tonight I leaned him into the bathroom and said, "Say good night to your sisters." He started saying good night and waving so I turned him toward his room. He started whining and pointing, "Nigh, Bu, nigh, Bu!" So I lean him back into the bathroom and he says ,"Ni Bu" and Brooke says good night. I head him back to his room but again, "Ni Nana! Ni Nana!" Back again. "Ni Nana" "Goodnight Ram." I walked him into his room and he said, "Ni Baby, shhh" "Yes, baby is sleeping, but I will tell her you said good night." Peace settles over his face and he happily allows me to lay him down on his pillow.
I typically say "Goodnight girls" when I leave the girls room, but wouldn't it be more pleasant to give them each individual loves and call them by their names. Heavenly Father can deliver personalized messages to us too--even when it is a message that can apply to many people, the Holy Ghost can still personalize it for each one of us, just like Ram does.

No comments: