Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Honesty

Viana came home from school and seemed to be relatively content with her day and had nothing serious or intriguing to report. She got to go to dance and Eric picked her up from it and took her for a treat at the movie store. When she got home from that thought she started getting a little cranky and Eric and I could not figure out why. The rest of the day continued just fine and when it came to a close I put her in bed. CharlyAnn was crying so I started to go back to their room. Viana met me at the door, however, and gushed right into a story that went something like this, "Well today Gunner rolled the 4 and I thought to myself I just knew I would roll the four and so I put it on my paper and but I didn't but I thought that I would and that's why I had to go to the time-out corner." I was sorta caught off guard and had to say, "Wait, what?" Sensing that she was feeling embarrassed by the situation I said, "Viana, did you need to go to time-out today?" I tried to get a clear picture of the story and finally did (fyi-she actually didn't have to go to time-out. Her teacher told me today that Viana started crying so the teacher asked her to come to the corner with her to talk about it and cheer her up and was in no way upset with Viana or punishing her). Anyway, sometimes we think we can cover up flaws or mistakes and we try to keep them hidden or not admit them. But, as shown by Viana, it is to harrowing on the soul and we need to always be honest and straight-forward.
"Verily I say unto you, all among them who know their hearts are honest...they are accepted of me." -D&C 97:8

No comments: