Monday, September 19, 2011

Meeting and Church

I'm not sure what to label this one.....Church, repetition, example??? I dunno.

Ally has this little Polly Pocket church that she likes to play with. Yesterday before Church she asked if she could take it to sacrament meeting. Normally, I don't let her bring toys like that, but I let her anyway. And I'm so glad that I did! When we got all settled in our pew I looked over to see Ally sitting with her church and a Polly Pocket. She leaned over to me and said, "This is my Church of Jesus Christ [of Latter-day Saints]." As the meeting started she said, "Hers (meaning the Polly) is sitting quiet." I looked at the church and the little doll was sitting on a bench. As the sacrament started being passed around she leaned over again and said, "She is going to have the bread and water. It's for Jesus' body and blood." She continued quietly playing with her church throughout the rest of the meeting. As the organist started playing the introduction to the closing song she turned to me and said, "She is going to play the piano very loud!" This time the Polly was sitting in front of the organ.

What's the gospel parallel here? I don't know, but it is nice to see that Ally understands the different aspects of our weekly meetings and enjoys them. Perhaps the message here is that she simply understands that we take seriously the Lord's command to "meet together often" (D&C 20:55, 75).

1 comment:

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

I like it regardless of the parallel :)