Friday, September 16, 2011

Patience/ Example

This is a few days late.

Children are really good examples of patience. How many times a day do you tell them, "I can help you as soon as I'm finished with ....." or the favorite in our house, "hang on." Ally and Daniel are some of the most patient in our house. On Tuesday evening we went to LaDon's office to pick him up for dinner. If you get to the office after a certain time, then you're locked out and you have to wait for someone to let you in. Well, we were waiting for LaDon (which isn't necessarily a short wait). The kids normally run around and play games, but Tuesday was different. Ally walked over to the little cement ledge, sat down, and folded her arms. She was willing to waiting quietly and patiently.
That act alone is good enough to post, but how about this: Daniel, after looking over and noticing what Ally was doing decided he should wait patiently like his sister. (That's him folding his arms in the picture below.) Adorable. Alma 17:11 says, "...Go forth among the Lamanites, they brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls." I like this scripture (although directed to the sons of Mosiah) because it teaches us that through patience and being a good example we can help others find salvation through Christ. My kids were being an example of Christ without even trying. Hopefully, being a good example and patient are things that will become attributes that I don't even have to think about but just do.

No comments: