Saturday, September 10, 2011

Prayer

Daniel loves to eat. When it comes to meal prayers he usually cries through the entire thing because he has to wait 2 more minutes before he can stuff his face. Our dinner prayer tonight was no exception (and maybe even worse because BYU lost). I started praying, hardly able to hear the words coming out of my own mouth because of his screaming, and then thought, "I should ask Heavenly Father to help Daniel be happy." So, I prayed that Daniel would be happy, and guess what!? He quieted down for the rest of the prayer. As I concluded the prayer Daniel joined in the chorus of amen's with excitement. In Doctrine and Covenants, the Lord tells the Saints through revelation, "... your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth.... the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted." That's how I felt about our simple dinner prayer. And you know, I think Daniel probably felt that way too.

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

It's been said that praying for your children, individually and by name, in private and in front of them can have tremendous affect. :)