Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sacrifice

If there's one thing that is true about Brooke, it is that she has quite the sweet tooth. After Relief Society today I found Brooke and Viana standing in the hall outside the nursery door. They were happy to see me and the first thing Brooke did was hold out one yellow skittle to me and say, "This is for you!" I was touched by the generosity and gobbled it right up. I noticed in her other little hand another yellow skittle. When we opened the nursery door she ran right up to Ram and held out the other one to him. This was a simple act, but I think it took a lot of sacrifice on her part to hold those two yellow skittles and not eat them but save them to share with people she loved. How often is it that I sneak the last candy/chip/cookie, etc before my children see me? I can make little sacrifices like this for my children, because it can really show them how much I love them.

No comments: